Emergency First Aid
Pre-course Requirements: None
Course Length (Minimum Teaching Hours)
|CPR A||CPR C|
|Emergency First Aid||6.5 hours teaching time||7.5 hours teaching time|
|Blended Emergency First Aid||4 hours online learning|
3.5 hours teaching time
|4 hours online learning|
4.5 hours teaching time
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical care steps.
- Ability to complete a written, closed book, independently completed knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%.
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course.
- Participants must adhere to the Fundamental Principles.
Note: Instructors/Evaluators may conduct a one-to-one verbal or written knowledge evaluation if the student has a demonstrated learning disability completing written evaluations.
Required Participant Materials:
- First Aid & CPR (manual from the Canadian Red Cross).
- Comprehensive Guide to First Aid & CPR (eBook).
- Emergency First Aid CPR A/C – Online (Blended only)
- The Red Cross
- Responding to Emergencies
- Preparing to respond
- Legal Issues Around First Aid
- Your Role as a First Aider
- Check Call Care
- Recovery Position
- Secondary Assessment
- Focused Examination
- Circulation Emergencies
- CPR and AED
- Breathing Emergencies
- Wound Care
- Bandaging Guidelines
- Cuts, Scrapes, Burns
- Chest Injuries
- Impaled objects